is a small community located on the south bank of the
approximately 75 miles west of
. The rich German heritage is evident in the culture, traditions,
names, and festivals within the community.
parish was established in 1847. The first school was built in 1879
and staffed by the Sisters of the Most Precious Blood. The Sisters
Francis of Perpetual Adoration staffed the school from 1887-1989.
The School Sisters of Notre Dame came in 1989 and remained until
1993. Lay people took over the administration in 1993 and continue
to the present.
campus consists of two buildings, the primary building built in 1917
and the intermediate building built in 1950. The primary building
houses Pre-kindergarten through third grade as well as a primary
library, the art room and a Title I resource room. The
intermediate building houses grades four through eight and contains
the administration offices, fine arts room, multi-media computer
lab, science lab, music room, gymnasium and a multi-purpose room.
The school is visible in the community, not only because of its
physical location on the top of the hill, but also by its
participation in local events, service projects, sports programs,
and the involvement of our alumni and parents throughout the
spirit of stewardship characterizes the school. Children are taught
early through example and leadership of the call of service to each
other and the church. This is achieved through student mentoring
programs, sportsmen-like conduct, service projects, and a discipline
policy based upon accountability and Christianity.
1998 progress has been made to the physical facilities through the
establishment of a Pre-kindergarten, an after-school-care program,
and a science lab. Through volunteer efforts and non-stop
fund-raising, the school community has updated the electrical
system, installed air-conditioning, addressed energy and safety
concerns by replacing windows, lowering the ceilings, adding
energy-efficient lighting fixtures, renovating the front entrance of
the primary building, and replacing the floors with radiant heat.
Technological advances have realized implementation of the Reading
Counts program, administrative software, an on-line grade-book,
computer-generated report cards, networked computer lab, wireless
networked laptops, ipads, robotics enrichment program, and
interactive whiteboards in every classroom. We encourage student
inquiry and exploration through the integration of technology. Our
primary goal is to develop conceptual understanding because this
type of learning is real and lasting.